I’m pleased to be able to share the presentations from our most recent Building digital capability community of practice event held on the 27th November in collaboration with the University of Edinburgh. Please see our event page for the full agenda and summaries of each session. Please see links to the presentations below:
- Welcome and overview
- Digital transformation: becoming a digitally capable organisation (Gavin Machlachlan, vice-principal and chief information officer, and librarian to the university, University of Edinburgh). You can also view a recording of this presentation.
- Introduction to the building digital capability service (Heather Price, Jisc)
- Playful strategies for engaging staff and students – see links to the games on our Community of practice page
- Getting started with learning plans: developing your digital capability (Paul Chin, head of graduate development services, University of Hull)
- Creating a digitally capable organisation: the critical success factors (Lisa Gray, Jisc)
- Self-assessing staff digital skills (Ben Gill, digital skills developer, University of Lancaster)
- Work harder not smarter (Dr Lina Petrakieva and David McArthur, Glasgow Caledonian University)
- The West Highland Way (Fiona Grant, director of academic affairs, West Highland College, UHI)
- Exploring digital wellbeing (Alijca Shah and Heather Price, Jisc)
Please note regarding the accessibility of these resources: We want as many people as possible to be able to access these resources. We know that not all of these presentations are fully accessible and are working with our contributors to address this. If you have any difficulties with any of the resources please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to meet your needs.
Our next building digital capability community of practice event will be on 21 May 2020 and will be kindly hosted by the University of Northampton. Further details will be released on our community of practice web page (opens in new window) in the new year.