As we all grapple with the challenges of working remotely, we thought it worth sharing a small selection of the freely available online resources and some free training courses Jisc is offering in the next few weeks.
5 resources to support teaching online
The volume of free resources on the internet is wonderful – but it can also be overwhelming. I have just picked a handful from the discovery tool collections which the team have reviewed and mapped to the digital capabilities framework. There is no need to log on to the tool to view these, the links should take you straight there.
- Digital capabilities: What tools do you need? Our technology mapping document offers ideas on the tools you could use to support digital capabilities development for staff and students. This resource is used in our digital capability in the curriculum course and was created by Helen Beetham
- Online educator: people and pedagogy. A four-week free FutureLearn course from the Open university to help you design engaging courses, make your teaching more inclusive, navigate online research ethics and shape your digital identity
- Get Interactive: Practical Teaching with Technology. A three-week massive open online course (MOOC) from the Bloomsbury Learning Exchange. Described as ‘a 3-week romp through some of the popular technologies that educators use to make their learning engaging, interactive and dynamic’. Next start date: 27 April
- Designing mobile-friendly learning. This ETF Enhance micro-learning module introduces you to designing mobile friendly learning
You may also be interested in:
- Teach from home: A temporary hub of information and tools curated by Google to help teachers during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis
Free online courses from Jisc
To help our members support their students while they are away from campus, we are offering the following online courses free of charge to members:
3 April 2020 (TODAY!): Developing digital practice online drop-in opens at 13:45 and runs from 14:00 to 15:00
23 April 2020: Supporting learners’ digital identity and wellbeing
13 May 2020: Developing learners’ employability skills
18 and 22 May 2020: Training/managing emotionally challenging situations for frontline staff
Sharing with the building digital capability community
Please do use our community of practice mailing list to share any resources or examples of effective practice you feel would benefit the community.