Welcome to the Digital discovery tool pilot! This page contains links to all the guidance and information you need to run a successful project. There’s also a brief page of Guidance for end users of the Discovery tool that you might want to read before you first log in yourself. This is available from all users’ dashboards. Separate documents explain the sign-up process for staff and sign-up process for students.
- Essential information! Your role as a pilot institution, your responsibilities and Jisc’s, including how we will ask you to evaluate and provide feedback on your experience
- Planning to use the Digital discovery tool: your aims, engaging key stakeholders, resourcing the project, deciding who to work with
- Engaging users: encouraging staff and students to use the discovery tool; establishing trust; communicating about the project; supporting users to make good use of their experience; providing development opportunities; following up
- Collecting evaluation data to support the pilot, including slides for running a focus group
- Responding to your data: what data you will receive; how to interpret the data; responding to user requirements; closing the circle
- Frequently asked questions – regularly updated in response to requests from our pilot projects
- Case studies from an earlier round of Digital discovery pilots
- Organisational approaches to Digital Capability: a publication and strategic guide
- Basic information about the Digital discovery tool and a series of relevant blog posts.
- Pilot mailing list established: 22 November 2017 (JISC-DIGITALCAPABILITY-PILOT@jiscmail.ac.uk)
- Guides released (detailed planning begins): 12 December 2017
- Initial webinar for institutional leads: 10 January 2018 (link to recording and slides)
- Tool released (roll out to staff begins): 15 January 2018 (see blog post)
- First data returns available: 9 April
- Your evaluation/feedback returned by: 31 May 2018
- Second webinar to share findings from staff evaluation forms: 19th June 12.30-2.00
- Third webinar sharing findings from organisational feedback and next steps for the tool: 19th July 12.30-2.00
Please use our mailing list www.jiscmail.ac.uk/JISC-DIGITALCAPABILITY-PILOT to discuss issues and share your experiences as a community; we will also use the list to communicate with you all. You can email the list at: JISC-DIGITALCAPABILITY-PILOT@jiscmail.ac.uk.
The Jisc digital capabilities blog and these pages will be the best way of keeping up to date with developments.To contact the Jisc digital capabilities team directly with any queries please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.